Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit
Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph
This website deals with many interesting details of two icons of the heritage of Rolls-Royce and Bentley, the Rolls-Royce Silver Spirit and the Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph and all the derivatives.
You can find the most important technical data, all details of the vehicle identification numbers, all models and model changes, performances, dimensions and sizes. Too much to mention. Quickly enter the spectacular world of the Silver Spirit and the Silver Seraph.
NEW on this website: HOOPER conversions. All details about the spectacular conversions of coachbuilder Hooper in de eighties and nineties, such as the Emperor State Limousine, the Silver Wing, the Empress II and the 2-door Bentley Turbo R (pages in English).
The Bentley-models like:
- The Bentley Mulsanne (S)
- The Bentley Brooklands
- The Bentley Turbo R
- The Bentley Arnage
The Long Wheelbase editions like:
- The Silver Spur
- The Flying Spur
- The Bentley Mulsanne Long wheelbase
- The Bentley Turbo R Long Wheelbase
The stretched editions like:
- The Silver Spur Limousine
- The Touring Limousine
- The Silver Spur (non-)Division
The 2-door saloons like:
- The Bentley Continental R
- The Bentley Continental S
- The Bentley Continental T
- The Bentley Continental GT
The convertibles like:
- The Bentley Azure
- The Corniche convertible
- The Bentley Continental GTC
Other models, like:
- The Brunei models
- The Bentley Continental SC
- The Le Mans editions
- The Mulliner editions
A selection of sources that were used for this website:
- My own research in the Rolls-Royce and Bentley archives in The Hunt House (RREC, UK).
- Websites Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Bentley Motors, Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts' Club, etc.
- Ietis maintenance-cd's 1990 - 2010.
- "RR Silver Spirit & Silver Spur, Bentley Mulsanne, Eight, Continental, Turbo R, Brooklands &
Azure", Malcolm Bobbitt, 2005.
- "Rolls-Royce and Bentley, Volume 4: Silver Spirit to Azure 1980-1998", Graham Robson, 1999.
- "The Complete Bentley", Eric Dymock, 2008.
- "Bentley, a legend reborn", Graham Robson, 2003.
- Many other books, brochures and websites.
I would like to express my special thanks for these people for their outstanding help and contribution:
- Rolls-Royce and Bentley specialist Brabo, Arnoudstraat 17, Hillegom
- Technical RR&B specialist Rob Wilde.
- Mika Petit, Hans Porrio.
No fewer than 63 models are based on the Silver Spirit. Here you can find what they look like and what makes them unique.
No fewer than 27 models are based on the Silver Seraph. Here you can find what they look like and what makes them unique.
And also 27 models of the Phantom and Continental GT generation. Here you can find what they look like and what makes them unique.
For each model year the overall production numbers and types have been listed, including the special editions.
GALLERY of PICTURES
An extensive gallery of pictures makes you go through the rich history of the Silver Spirit and Silver Seraph models.